If you have been diagnosed with cancer at any point in your life, you are a cancer survivor!
You are invited to participate in one of The Art of Life® Cancer Foundation programs. Your life will be impacted in unimaginable ways—awakening courage, creativity and hope. You will connect with other survivors who are walking the cancer journey and meet compassionate supporters who participate in our healing arts programs.
Participants in The Art of Life® Healing Arts Programs
- Experience an increased quality of life
- Become better equipped emotionally to welcome new opportunities and to overcome challenges
- Become more aware of the interconnectivity of body, mind and soul.
- Feel more understood and supported by family, friends and the community
- Realize and release creativity
- The Art of Life Paint it Forward Project is an innovative program that celebrates life and survivorship by linking cancer survivors with outstanding local artists to co-create personal and beautiful works of art. You will learn from an outstanding artist in the community who will direct your group’s work. A local artist will direct your group in collaborating on an acrylic, collage, photography or mixed media piece on canvas. The project concludes with an Unveiling event to showcase you and your group’s message of hope and healing.
- Survivor Gathering provides an opportunity for survivors to return year after year and experience the joy of creative expression.
- The Art of Life Healing Garden at Woodward Park This three-acre garden is located at Friant and Ft. Washington Roads inside of Woodward Park. The Garden will be an opportunity for cancer survivors and families affected by cancer to partner with local landscapers and artists to reflect their own cancer experiences on a 3-acre “canvas.” We are encouraging cancer survivors to become Team Ambassadors and raise funds, using social media, to sponsor a tree, a park bench seat, a tulip seat or other items in their name. These items will become a permanent part of the garden. Get started now.